One of Europe’s most popular destinations extends its tourist season. Visitors are now expected all the way from March till November

  • 27.03.2023 14:03
  • Bruno Arcos
Cyprus Ayia Napa

Authorities in Paphos, Cyprus, are looking to extend their tourist season in the coming years, while at the same time planning to modify the profile of the visitors. The aim is to encourage tourists with more money to spend to come to the island, boosting tourism revenue for the region.

Do you want to receive notifications about new offers?

Sign up and decide which deals you will receive. We won't send spam!

or download our mobile app

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play

Cyprus is aiming to attract more tourists this year and in the coming years. Last year, despite the absence of Russian tourists, Cyprus welcomed over 3.2 million foreign tourists – an increase of 1.3 million from the year before. The Deputy Minister of Tourism, Constantinos Koumis, announced that the goal for this year is to increase the number of travelers by at least 5-10 percent. But how exactly are they planning to do so?

To achieve this goal, the authorities behind the resorts in Paphos plan to significantly extend the tourist season. The head of the region’s tourist organization, Nasos Hajigeorgiou, stated in an interview with Cyprus Mail that over 90 percent of hotels and restaurants were already prepared to receive tourists in mid-March, while the remaining 10% would be also be set by the start of April.

We want to reach, and even surpass, the number of tourists recorded in 2019. Our plan is to encourage both foreign and domestic visitors to come, extending the tourist season by 2 months, from March to November – says Haijigeorgiou.

He also mentioned that the authorities aim to improve the quality of the tourist offer, in order to attract more affluent tourists.

Do you want to receive notifications about new offers?

Sign up and decide which deals you will receive. We won't send spam!

or download our mobile app

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play
Travel ideas